Writers Unlimited Meetings: (annual membership fee June-May – $35.00, not prorated)
Morning group: 1st and 3rd Mondays – 9-11:30 AM
Evening group: 2nd and 4th Mondays – 6-9 PM
WU member authors can sell books in the retail store, receive discounts on writing workshops, classes, events – participate in street fairs, Jumping Frog Jubilee book table sales, book and author signings organized, Wild West Fest in October booth (free), and other events – author writing craft lending library and resources –
Every Thursday morning at 11 AM – Twain Talks by author Jim Fletcher, about Mark Twain’s 88 Days in the Mother Lode – an entertaining and informative talk about Twain’s brief but monumental stay here in Angels Camp and Tuolumne County. FREE!
Sunday, August 27 – Photography class! 6:30-8 PM – $25 per person – Cristi Canepa Photography class –
Sip n Paint with Mary Sexton artist.
August 18, 2017 6-9:30
Manzanita GalleryAngels Camp, CA$45. includes all paint supplies and wine. For reservations contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 209-770-5818 or Manzanita Writers Press Gallery at 209-728-6171. Seats are limitedLeave your Stress at the Door, Relax and Have Fun!Benefits of Paint Parties:
- Painting uses both the left and right side of the brain. It uses your creative and emotional side, as well as you rational and logical thinking.
- Even in a group setting, painting is a solo activity that allows you to focus on the task at hand, leaving your worries behind, as the stress begins to melt away.
- Paint Parties boost your self-confidence. In a non-competitive atmosphere everyone is treated equally regardless of their abilities.
- Learning how to handle a paintbrush helps to strengthen fine motor skills and hand eye coordination.
- Painting sparks creativity and makes good use of the imagination. Each painting becomes as unique as it’s painter.
- At Paint Parties whether, Coffee n Canvas or Sip n Paint, there is always opportunity to laugh, socialize, and make some fun-filled memories.
August featured artists: Patty Payne
Voices of Wisdom: Preserving the Memories of the Elders
August 8, 15, 22, 29 – Oak Shadows Community Center – see itinerary of classes under events tab
September featured artist: Patty Payne
End of November – Selma Sattin watercolor class – for ages 7 and up
October featured artist:
November featured artist: